A trip to Lady Marmalade Nail Boutique and Spa should be a relaxing, blissful experience, but if it's your first visit, it can be slightly nerve-wracking not knowing what to expect. The following tips on “Spa Etiquette 101” will remind you to mind your p's and q's even while you're being pampered and act as a manual to make the most out of your first spa-going encounter.
• Advanced Booking: Please communicate with the Lady Marmalade team via telephone, in person or through making an online booking, as this will definitely minimise your wait time.
• Late Arrival: If you're running late, please telephone the Lady Marmalade team - as often we can't push your appointment back more than 15 minutes.
• Cancelation: Please give as much notice as possible if you change your appointment plans.
• Mobile Phones: Your mobile phone should be turned off and kept off whilst you are indulging at Lady Marmalade, especially in the personal treatment rooms. In the main salon area, conversation is fine as long as it's in a soft tone.
• Nudity: Is probably the aspect that causes guests the most anxiety. Let's be serious-baring it all to someone you've just met can feel awkward. But keep in mind that the Lady Marmalade therapists in the go to great lengths to maintain guest modesty, stepping out of the treatment room to allow you to disrobe and get comfortable under the sheet on the massage table. Also there are select treatments (body scrubs massages and spray tans), for which the Lady Marmalade team will supply disposable undergarments. Though they'll never make the La Perla catalogue, they do ensure some modesty.
• Spray Tan: For best results, please exfoliate several hours prior to treatment, wear dark, loose, comfortable clothing and avoid wearing makeup, lotions or deodorants before your treatment.
• Medical Condition: If you have any type of medical condition, it is best to mention it when you book your appointment. Certain treatments may not be advisable for you. Also, tell the therapist if you are wearing contact lenses before a facial.
• Shaving: If you plan on shaving prior to a treatment (as is advised for men receiving facials), do so at least two hours before your scheduled appointment to avoid any irritation.
• Tipping: Is not compulsory or expected in Bali. However, if you thought the treatment and service was of an excellent standard, then it is a nice gesture and greatly appreciated when you either directly give a small tip of a few dollars to your therapist, or leave some change in the tip jar at the register, which is then equally divided up amongst all staff at the end of each month.
• Modified Treatments: All aspects of treatment can be modified to your taste: amount of light, music selection and volume, room temperature, talking or no talking. If you would like for the pressure of your massage to be adjusted, let your therapist know. Also, feel free to ask questions. If any part of your experience is unsatisfactory, please tell the therapist who will endeavor to correct the issue.
• Satisfaction Guaranteed: If you feel that your requests for modification have not been addressed in the first 15 minutes of your treatment, please inform the therapist that you wish to stop the treatment and request to speak to the manager. You will not be charged for the treatment and be encouraged to experience another therapist if available or schedule another appointment to ensure the issue has been rectified.
• Leave these at home:
Valuables: Please leave jewelry and valuables at home in order to avoid any worries or stress.
Perfume: Because the emphasis should be on relaxation and because others may be allergic, it's best not to wear perfume to a treatment.
Smoking: Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the salon or treatment rooms. However there is an outdoor designated area where you can smoke.
Pets: Whilst we love your pets and our own pets, please leave them at home
Mobile Phones: Leave phones home or turn them off before entering the salon and treatment rooms.